Christmas Party Check List
So the Christmas party plans are finalised and the venue is booked, GREAT! Now are you sure you haven’t forgotten anything? Let’s check .. just to be sure.
Here are a few helpful ideas.
- Confirm the date, size of party, time with venue – You don’t want to turn up and be embarrassed!
- Send an invite to all attendees well in advance of the venue confirmation deadline. The invitation should be a festive email with details of location, time and dress code.
- Dietary needs – make sure that any special dietary needs are catered for and confirm this with the venue.
- Seating chart – have a good think about where you want people to sit and with whom, especially if clients are invited. Check the seating arrangement with managers to be sure.
- Entertainment – if you have booked any entertainers (bands, comedians, magicians, etc), confirm the appointment with them as well and make necessary payment arrangements.
- Transportation – make sure to book taxis or mini buses, if required, well in advance. Click here for a list of taxis and minibuses.
- Inform all staff of party details just before the night, perhaps 1 week prior. Take this opportunity to inform them of any special information such as attending clients and/or dress code.
- Party decorum – it is a good idea to include in your reminder to the attending staff of the do’s and don’ts for the night, especially if clients are invited.
- Party organisers should arrive at the venue at least 15-30 minutes prior to the start of event to double check all the arrangements at the venue and to greet any early guests.
- Socialising – if clients are invited make sure that they are well looked after with a drink on arrival and that they get a chance to meet the appropriate members of your company.
- Paying the venue – pre-arrange payment plans and method with the venue to avoid any upset at the end of the night. If you are running a tab at the bar, make sue to set a limit.
And after all that, don’t forget to enjoy your Christmas party night and please be safe.
A very merry Christmas from all of us at ChristmasParty.ie